Thursday, August 2, 2012

A second update of the day


Image
Second update of the day. Cully has only had a few of his seizures today however I think he is beginning a couple different types of seizures as well. I might be wrong but we know that other types of seizure are likely. He has moments where he stops and he holds one side of his head and wiggles his fingers. Another new thing I have seen is his eyes will roll back for a moment. We are hearing chattering of teeth grinding too. Only a few times though and that may very likely be Cully being a two year old and doing normal two year old things.
Cully was placed on Onfi July 25th, his first medication. He doubled his dose yesterday and you can see this is effecting him. He acts a little wobbly and unstable. He continues to point and babble about something. I think he is sort of out of it so to speak but I could be wrong and he may know just exactly what he is saying. I like to think that this is just the drug and not the start of his digression. My gut tells me its the drug too. The current plan of attack by the neurologist is to continue the Onfi while he begins his new meds. The new, dark scary med is called Vigabatrin. They will be here tomorrow to deliver it to us.
The reason I post each little thing I notice is so that this blog can serve as somewhat of a day to day journal that can be viewed by the doctors, therapists and anyone else that may find a pattern in his activities or perhaps see something that we don't.

No comments:

Post a Comment