Monday, August 6, 2012

My boys...


My boys have a lot on their mind too. Cully is important to them and they are very worried. They are being a big help too.
Doug who is 14 years old has taken over for both mum and I when we need to step back for a moment. Many times he does so with out being asked. When Cully is having a hard time Doug will turn it around in a hurry and next you find them chasing each other around the couch or watching a sing-a-long on you tube. While mum was changing a messy diaper on Cully today Doug walked into the room and found both Sawyer and I with our shirts pulled over our nose.  Doug shook his head and told us to "grow up".  Yeppers... He changes those things with no problem. Funny how dad disappears just about the time Cully needs a change...
Sawyer you would think would be upset at all the attention Cully is getting but its not like that. He was lucky and got to go over to Grandma and Grandpa J's house for a handful of days where he got spoiled just as we wanted. This I am sure helped but when he came home he took on a big brother roll right away. Cully loves Sawyer and is constantly trying to gain his attention. Every time Cully does something neat he has to call out for his "YourYer" to look at him. And Sawyer does. And when Cully babbles something to "YourYer" Sawyer just smiles and say "Cool Cully". But Sawyer really surprised me yesterday.  I decided to share with him more about what is going on with his baby brother. I explained that Cully may likely be with mum and dad even after he is grown up and a big boy. I explained that his thinking parts have a little problem right now and we are trying to fix them....  Sawyer told me after that....... "It's ok Dad. When you guys are old I will take care of Cully".......
That is how my boys are growing up...

No comments:

Post a Comment