Saturday, September 8, 2012

Daddy's Post

I figure I can be selfish and post about me once in a while.... This is my day so far...

It is only 8 in the morning and I am still in bed.

Sawyer crawls into bed around 6am to tell me about his zombi dream and to snuggle. After his eyes closed I walked to the other side of the bed to snuggle with Jewels for a moment but as always, the slightest touch between us always wakes the beast and a call for Mommy sounds from Cully's room. The time..6:20 am.

 Cully slept for an amazing 9 plus hours. This is very rare. I went and got Cully and led him to our bed and there he found his "YourYer" and mommy. The four of us snuggled under the covers for a minute before the two boys started wrestling and playing. Cully then used his words very well and asked mum for help opening the door and he wanted to eat eat.  And off they went.

Cully returned to my bed and climbed up to snuggle tight with me. He knew his seizures were on their way and he just wanted to be here in my arms. He laid right on my right arm and my chest for just a moment before they began and besides the twist and pulls of his seizures he did not move at all. Five minutes later the seizures are over and Cully is on his way back down the stairs for more waffles.

 I grab my iPad and quickly check for updates on little Will, a boy with IS that just had his brain surgery yesterday.

 My wife brought me a glass of freshly squeezed orange juice and a bowl of oatmeal and fruit and here I sit in my bed listening to Thomas Newman on my IPad and sharing the first two hours of my day on this blog.

  It is 8 am. What a boring post huh?  But I love it. Even with all that is certain to happen today I am happy here. Before all the children yelling, the bickering and chasing Cully... I'm happy.

  So now all we need is a good Cully day.

No comments:

Post a Comment