Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Liking where we are at..

  Not the normal blog today. This is not very lyrical or filled with any great update...  Just a casual rambling of how great Cully is and a handful of reasons why we have every right in the world to be happy for all we have..

  I just went through this blog starting with the first blog http://cullygage.blogspot.com/2012/08/cully-diagnosed-today-autism-and.html   entered last July when our venture began with my our son.

  WOW!

  I remember every feeling of every post.... Does that make sense? Better to say that at the time I read each post I relived the feelings again. But what a difference to be able to come out of that moment now knowing we are in a much better spot for the moment..

  For the moment anyhow.
  Dr Chugani contacted my this morning and explained  " The cluster of spasms is a problem, regardless of what the EEG showed. Puts him at high risk for relapse."

This is not bad news, Cully is doing great!  But to hear this just reminds me that many of the children that go into remission with IS will have it return after a bit of time goes by...   But it is somewhat nice to have forgotten that these past few months..   I wish I could have continued to keep that out of my mind a while longer...

 Anyhow....

 Dr Chugani has lowered Cullys morning dose of Sabril  just slightly. And regardless of how little of a change it is.. well it is a change in the right direction for sure.  I'm excited..  Getting away from this drug means getting away from the possible damage to his eye sight, a side effect of this drug.  And so for this great step forward I though it would be a great day to celebrate with cute little notes about Cully......

Cully put four words together this week.

Cully likes... farting, drinking carbonated water and burping with each drink. He loves to snitch on his brothers.. um, and Dad.

Cully pretends to be a puppy and crawl around the house. And the newest is playing monster with Dad.

Even when out to play he will stop and come to us to use the potty...and fist pound each of us after the job is done while reciting " I peepee in da toyet".

Cully always comes to us and tells us he is sorry when ever we are frustrated with him or have to reprimand him. This also comes with a kiss and a hand pat.

Anyone in our home with an owie is tended to with a Dr Cully kiss and love shared by a squeeze or nuzzle.

My Cully LOVES his brothers endlessly.  A couple nights ago Cully was found crying and knocking at his bedroom door. When asked what was wrong he continued to stare off into space with tears and said "Youryer" A bad dream about his brother.. Mommy spent the rest of the night cuddled with him explaining that Sawyer was alright and sleeping..

Cully is SMART ! Some of the things he does will knock you over.. But only on his dime. Forget getting him to do any of it on Que.

Cully likes to "Beat Box"  What is that?? Well like a rap singer from the 80's he likes to make the beat noises with his mouth and put on a show.. Where did he get this??  I duh no... but he is good and he even tries to break dance...

And lastly, no cute post about Cully would be complete without a cute Cully video... so with out further ado I present you with Cully on hidden camera while surprising him with a visit to his Grandma and Grandpa J's.  Do give it a minute to get to the good part.... He is a goof who LOVES his Grandparents...



2 comments:

  1. Cully has come such a long way! It's so good to see him smile, be happy, and get so excited!
    I just wanted to let you know that I nominated you for the Super Sweet Blogging award! I know some bloggers don't like these awards so I'll understand if you don't want it!
    http://www.faithfulmomof9.com/super-sweet-blogging-award/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! Thank you so much.

    ReplyDelete